Musician Jason Barnes had part of his arm amputated in 2012, but with the help of a team at Georgia Tech led by prosthetics researcher Gil Weinberg he has found new ways to keep honing his music skills. In 2014, the team developed a novel drumming Prosthetic that allowed Barnes to keep pounding away, and they've now come up with an even more advanced prosthetic that is capable of the finer control required for the keys of a piano.
- Georgia Tech
- Muscle grafts to give prosthetic limbs a more natural feel
- Wearable third arm gives drummers extra robotic rhythm
- DARPA-developed next-generation bionic arm hits the market
- Breakthrough bionic leg prosthesis controlled by subconscious thoughts
- Youbionic gives augmented humans a helping hand, or two
- MetaLimbs gives you an extra pair of robotic hands