Electric bicycles have traditionally suffered from chunky, awkward styling, long an inevitable side effect of the size of battery packs and Electric drive systems. In more recent times, we've seen a move toward e-bikes that look as light and simple as regular bicycles, e-bikes like the Freygeist and Maxwell EP0. That trend should accelerate now that major electric drive manufacturers have put an emphasis on sleeker, frame-integrated components. The latest of these sleek e-bikes is the Lauva bike, a stylish urban commuter with standard diamond frame, leather accessories, puncture-proof tires and up 250 W of electric assistance.
- Electric Bicycle
- Best electric mid-drive adds serious muscle and speed to existing bicycles
- Compact Wheezy trailer snaps onto your bike and makes it electric
- Rubbee is back in the back, with a new add-on electric bike motor
- Maxwell EP0 might be one of the lightest e-bikes you can buy – if it reaches production
- Bike motor keeps things small and simple
- go-e ONwheel electrifies your bike from below