NASA has released a breathtaking gallery of images captured by the Hubble Space Telescope, showcasing celestial objects contained in the Messier Catalog. The Messier collection was initially compiled by renowned French astronomer Charles Messier, using his own observations and those of his associates to help fellow 18th century astronomers differentiate wandering comets from more distant, static objects, such as nebulae.
- Hubble images neutron star at the heart of the Crab Nebula
- Hubble images Bubble Nebula to celebrate an eventful 26 years in orbit
- NASA release showcases stunning Trumpler 14 star cluster
- New Hubble release reveals the Veil Nebula in stunning detail
- ESO's OmegaCam captures a two billion pixel nebula view
- Snappy star goes through two stages of evolution in just 45 years