You could say that the the aquatic equivalent of the car is the motorboat, and the aquatic equivalent of the motorcycle is the Jet Ski – but what about the equivalent of the e-bike? That's what New Zealand outdoors entrepreneur Guy Howard-Willis wondered back in 2010, when he conceived of the Manta5. In the years since, bicycle designer Roland Alonzo brought the concept to life, in the form of an electric-assist pedal-powered Hydrofoil bike. Now, it's just about ready to enter the market.
- Electric hydrofoil finally ready to skim the waves
- Lift Foils $12,000, 25 mph electric hydrofoil surfboard set to launch in September
- Parrot takes to the water with a new hydrofoil drone
- Slick electric hydrofoil looks to rise above range anxiety
- The KTM Barracuda Hydrofoil
- Human powered hydrofoil