A growing penchant for aged Whisky, a relentlessly growing number of High Net Worth Individuals, and a production method that requires decades to ramp up volume are creating a perfect storm in the whisky marketplace, as evidenced this week when a cask of 1987 Macallan Single Malt Scotch Whisky fetched HK$2,928,00 ($375,064), adding 50 percent to the 2014 record of $251,864.
- Spinks Auctions
- "Earrings from the Gods" fetch world record $56.3 million
- Australia's "birth certificate" sells for $320,000
- World's first physics textbook sells for $790,000
- "Fritz the Cat" becomes the most expensive American comic art
- The original Hot Wheels Lincoln Zephyr "Scrape" heads for auction
- Comic art values surge as Tintin flies past Superman, Batman and Spiderman