The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet has awarded the first prize of the year. The 2017 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine has been awarded to Jeffrey C. Hall, Michael Rosbash and Michael W. Young, for their work in the 1980s that led to the discovery of the genes that drive the Circadian Rhythm in living organisms.
- Circadian Rhythms
- Nobel prizes
- Can synthetic molecules conquer jet lag?
- Mouse livers nearly double in size at night
- Scientists hit upon new reset button for biological clocks
- "Bicycle mechanism" uncovered that is said to drive our brains in and out of sleep
- Revamped Philips hospital system comforts with "light recipes"
- Circadian rhythms found to be in control of all mammal genes