Lockheed Martin has revealed its Outrider Canister Drone at the Defence and Security Equipment International (DSEI) in London. The lightweight, canister-launched unmanned aircraft system (UAS) is only 10 cm (4 in) wide, weighs only 1.7 kg (3.8 lb), yet can reach speeds of 50 knots (58 mph, 93 km/h) and has greater endurance and payload capacity than comparable drones.
- Lockheed Martin
- Pilot-optional helicopter and drones work together to fight fires and rescue "missing" person
- The F-35 fighter completes 100,000 flight hours
- Unmanned helicopter and drone join forces in safer approach to fighting fire
- LM-100J Super Hercules to debut at Paris Air Show
- Lockheed Martin using 3D-printed parts in military satellites
- New Dry Combat Submersible to carry troops to mission areas scuba-free