The ESA's Sentinel swarm of satellites is about to receive a new member. Sentinel-5P has arrived in Plesetsk in northern Russia ahead of its scheduled launch in October. Once in orbit, the Satellite will monitor air pollution over the entire planet every day, gathering environmental data and helping authorities make more accurate air-quality forecasts.
- Space particle smacks into Sentinel-1A satellite, leaves sizable dent
- Thousands of satellite snaps create cloud-free view of Africa
- Sentinel-2A catches a wave ... from space
- Sentinel-1A satellite returns first shots of Earth
- ESA's Sentinel-2A satellite arrives in French Guiana ahead of launch
- Sentinel-1A Earth-monitoring satellite begins operational life