Boaty McBoatface, arguably the most famous scientific submersible in the world, has returned to port triumphant after completing its first Antarctic mission. The unmanned submarine survived a seven-week expedition, which saw it brave frigid waters, and allowed the charismatic robot to test its capabilities while gathering valuable scientific data at extreme depths.
- Climate Change
- Drone takes the lead in Antarctic icebreaking mission
- Million-year old water explains Blood Falls mystery
- Out: Boaty McBoatface. In: RRS Sir David Attenborough
- I christen thee RRS Boaty McBoatface?
- British Antarctic base skis to safety
- Ice chasm forces relocation of Antarctic research station