Modern cars are getting safer, but stronger bodies come with a few caveats. Thick a-pillars are great when you have an accident, but they also ruin outward visibility. Teijin Limited might just have the solution, with plans to build the first pillar-less polycarbonate-resin windshield later this year.
- The state of smartphone safety
- Study finds hands-free calls are just as distracting for drivers
- New tools in the fight against drunk driving revealed
- Team Wendy to target blast waves and rotational injuries in next-gen military helmets
- DriveSafe App brings drowsiness detection to Google Glass
- Optical system combines replaceable safety glasses with users' presciption lenses