Last year, some 200,000 people decided they don't want to live on this planet anymore, and registered to be citizens of the first "space Nation," Asgardia. In the unlikely event that it ever gets off the ground, the extremely-ambitious project would see a system of satellites orbiting the Earth, carrying a country's worth of people. Now the self-appointed Head of Nation has outlined plans to launch the first of these satellites.
- Don't want to live on this planet anymore? Try Asgardia the first "space nation"
- To the stars by atom bomb: The incredible tale of the top secret Orion Project
- 5 weird things humans have smuggled into space
- Suit up for Bonhams' Space Race collectibles auction
- Best laid plans: Eight embarrassing failures of the Space Age
- New frontiers: The year ahead in space