The US Air Force's not-so-Secret secret Spaceplane X-37B set a new orbital endurance record for a reusable unmanned spacecraft as it set down today at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Orbital Test Vehicle mission 4 (OTV-4) came to an end at about 8:00 AM EDT as it made an autonomous touchdown on the runway of the Shuttle Landing Facility after spending 718 days in orbit.
- US Air Force
- NASA to fly material testing experiment on X-37B spaceplane
- Solar sail mission launches with X-37B spaceplane
- US Air Force awaiting landing of X-37B after top-secret space mission
- Top secret X-37B spaceplane breaks orbital endurance record
- Scientists are using data from a fallen satellite to improve orbital decay predictions
- Hall ion thrusters to fly on X-37B spaceplane