International Space Station Commander Peggy Whitson has broken the record for cumulative time spent in space by a NASA astronaut. Whitson is currently serving her third stint aboard the ISS, and with five months of her mission remaining, is set to rack up over 650 days in space before touching back down on Earth.
- International Space Station
- NASA announces timeline for astronaut application process
- Astronauts return to American section of ISS following a suspected ammonia leak
- Is exposure to deep space radiation killing off Apollo-era astronauts?
- NASA Space Poop Challenge winners rethink the adult diaper
- Astronauts undertake spacewalk to begin reconfiguring ISS
- NASA scientists develop gecko-inspired astronaut anchors