Situated 1,066 m (3,497 ft) above sea level in Norway, the construction of Cabin Ustaoset posed a challenge due to the lack of road access, and both helicopter and snow scooter were required to deliver materials. It was clearly worth the extra effort though, as the handsome cabin provides an amazing view that includes a lake, mountain range and large glacier.
- Rabot Tourist Cabin shelters hikers in Norway's Okstindan mountain range
- Tough off-grid cabins offer respite for Norway's hikers
- Tiny cabin provides off-grid digs in Norway's mountains
- VIMOB shelters are easy to build in difficult places
- Freedom Yurt-Cabins: A modern take on the nomadic shelter
- At Manshausen, cantilevered cabins keep your holiday on the edge