No prizes for guessing why this Springfield, Missouri-based project is named Cloud House. Designed by artist Matthew Mazzotta, it's aimed at relaxing Visitors and highlighting the importance of natural processes like rainfall in allowing us to grow the food we eat.
- London studio simplifies shelter for disaster relief
- Prototype shelter offers basic home for displaced Nepalese
- Los Angeles architects design quirky cat shelters for charity
- Non-profit group produces dignified disaster shelter
- Backyard BI(h)OME shelter can provide affordable housing in LA gardens
- Origami-inspired military shelter said to cut energy use by 70 percent