Art has always been fundamentally intertwined with technology. New techniques and materials have constantly allowed Artists to innovate and create new types of works. Our new series, which kicked off with examinations of "datamoshing" and ASCII art, looks at the impact of digital technologies on art and looks at how artists are creating entirely new forms of art using these modern tools. In this instalment we examine the compelling and controversial field of Bioart.
Category: Good Thinking
- Unique light patterns bring fish families closer together
- The Shit Museum offers a sustainable view on the science and art of dung
- Octopus bacteria lamp glows when disturbed
- Glowing plants and DIY bio succeed on Kickstarter
- Firefly enzyme inspires Swiss team to create portable disease test kit
- Fireflies bring us brighter LEDs