The Noke, BitLock and Skylock may look like traditional U-locks, but they all automatically unlock and lock as the user's smartphone comes in and out of Bluetooth range. Users still have to lug them around, though, and put them on their bike when they park it. Some Korean entrepreneurs have come up with what they believe is a better idea, in the form of the front-wheel-mounted Bisecu.
- Nutty system takes a sideways glance at bike security
- Linka makes bike security easier by unlocking automatically
- Pedal Lock does more than just support cyclists' feet
- Kryptonite Security WheelNutz turn bicycle security upside down
- Could a textile bike lock make the cut?
- BluLocks bike has its own built-in lock