Last year, Yamaha unveiled its Breeze10 autonomous, radar-equipped boat for inspecting dams. Today, the company announced that the robot boat's little sibling, the Water Strider, goes on market next month as a remote-controlled, herbicide-spreading vessel to reduce the labor costs of Rice Paddy cultivation.
- Floating food forest brings nourishing nosh to New York
- Ghost marine platform takes a dive with unmanned submersible Guardian
- Electric boat meets lounge chair on Chilli Island
- Electric hydrofoil finally ready to skim the waves
- Venice's water taxis may be going green
- Groundbreaking underwater exploration craft nears production