Some larger types might opt for a lizard or even a frog, but the great majority of Spiders love to eat insects. We mean really, really love to eat insects. So much so, that the world's spiders consume somewhere between 400 and 800 million tons of biomass each year consisting almost entirely of creep crawlies, a new study has shown. That's around twice the combined weight of all the world's adults, in case any arachnophobes were wondering.
- University of Basel
- High-speed video captures rapid viper strikes in the wild
- MQ-9 Reaper Big Wing sets Predator flight endurance record
- Warrior snail beats down predators with its shell
- Long-endurance Predator drone spreads its wings
- Unmanned Aerial vehicles
- Male fishing spider might offer himself as snack to females to help offspring