Since becoming a part of the Volkswagen Group in 2000, Czech marque Skoda has carved a niche selling clever cars that punch well above their price range. The new Octavia RS might not have a VW badge, but it shares a turbocharged engine and basic chassis with the Golf Gti. Given the Octavia RS will likely offer more space for similar (or less) money, the question is – do you really need that Golf GTI?
- Volkswagen turns up the refinement in updated Amarok
- VW aims to reset the benchmark with touchy-feely new Golf
- VW Crafter is smarter than your average van
- VW Golf GTI Clubsport S topples front-wheel-drive Nordschleife record
- VW opens the Golf club up to racers
- What Diesel Car of the Year Awards 2009