Uber Lagos says it has undertaken over one million trips since it launched 2 years ago. The one millionth trip took place on 16th July 2016 from Yaba to Lekki.
This is truly an awesome achievement for a company who came into Lagos, Nigeria just two years ago. In these two years, here is a list of the achievements and memorable moments in the company’s own words:
- We’ve moved over 40 nationalities in the country since we launched!
- We have travelled approximately 9,000,000 km in the time that we have been here. That’s almost the exact distance to make 10 trips to the moon – and back too!
- We’re in Lagos and Abuja.
- In 2014, we launched Uber in the Centre of Excellence – Lagos. Fast forward to 2016, and we’re now in the Federal Capital Abuja as well! What lies ahead? #UberEVERYWHERE
We create experiences which move you. Places, people and experiences are what truly drive us. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve
- given you the chance to pitch your ideas to Nigeria’s startup heroes with UberPITCH
- treated you to UberCUPCAKES (https://goo.gl/cV9zi9),
- and even arranged an exclusive meet and greet with Banky W
- In 2015, we enabled over 1,000 economic opportunities in Nigeria and aim to create thousands more in 2016.
The real uberHEROES!
These are the drivers who pick you up after those late nights out, the ones who drive you to that first date, and the ones who ensure that you’re never late for that afternoon business meeting.
A reliable ride at the touch of a button.
We’re helping to connect Nigerians to a safe and reliable transportation option, available to anyone, anywhere and at anytime.
Here’s to another year of stories, journeys and exciting on-demands.
256 total views, 256 views today
The post Uber Lagos one millionth trip took place on 16th July 2016. appeared first on Innovation Village.