The French South African Tech Labs (FSAT Labs) has opened applications to its third season. Launched last year, FSAT Labs’ six-month long programme aims to assist tech entrepreneurs to turn their ideas into minimum viable products and, ultimately into sustainable businesses.
The incubator and accelerator — which works in partnership with the Small Enterprise Development Agency (Seda) and international technology firm Methys — mainly focuses on digital innovation around smart cities, education, commerce, smart homes and smart media.
Selected startups will be invited to a pitch event set to be held on 4 June at FSAT Labs Century City offices in Cape Town.
The pitch event will culminate in the entrepreneurs behind the top four pitches winning entry into FSAT Labs’ six-month long programme which is set to start in mid-June.
So, if you have a tech idea that could change the world and you have already created your own business and would you like to become an entrepreneur, then the FSAT Labs is ready to welcome you and lead you to infinity and beyond!
How does it work?
– Step 1: apply through this application form before May 27th!
– Step 2: if you are selected, you will need to be prepared for a pitching battle @ FSAT Labs (the incubator is based in Century City Cape Town). You will be notified on Fri, 1st June latest, for a provisional pitching session date is set on Wed, 6th June!
– Step 3: the final decision will be given by Mon, 11th June for you and your team to embark on a 2-day Boot Camp Session starting Mon, 18th June! Incubation will last 6-months thereafter.
– Step 4: if your business is sustainable, you will be given the chance to integrate the acceleration program for up to 24 months with highly-competitive hosting and digital services tariffs provided by our partners.
Please note that the key focus areas addressed by the FSAT Labs, reflecting the specialization areas of the founding members of the French Tech Cape Town ecosystem and the core track record of Methys Labs, are the 5 following sectors:
– SMART city – SMART home – SMART commerce – SMART media – SMART education
In addition, the entrepreneurs will also be provided with legal, accounting, digital marketing and communications support, including free tech services around user experience design and product development.
Applications will close on 27 May.
The post Applications Open For Season Three of The French South African Tech Lab appeared first on Innovation Village.