Applications are currently on for the for the French-German incubation program for West Africa. The 12 month programme organized by the Goethe Institut and the Institut Français offers selected companies access to workshops, mentorship and networking trips to Europe.
The programme consists of local and regional workshops, mentoring by some of the best African entrepreneurs in the fields of cultural, digital and social entrepreneurship, networking with leading German and French cultural, social and digital entrepreneurs. The program takes place in English and French, the two languages of the Lab.
- Aged between 20 and 35
- Be a national of and based in either Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Senegal, Nigeria or Cameroon
- Have a 1 year project experience or a tested idea creating value of innovation with high impact on society
- Have a project in the Cultural and Creative industries (fashion, books, cinema, etc.), Digital (online courses, e-learning, digital education), or Civil society issues (education, women rights and empowerment, civic tech, active citizens)
The programme also runs till December.
- Selected companies will have the chance to take part in networking trips to France and Germany to meet with European creative and tech industry experts, and receive individual mentoring for the full year.
- They will also take part in local and regional workshops in Ivory Coast, Ghana, Senegal, Nigeria and Cameroon, with African cultural, social and digital experts to bolster the startups
Deadline for application is February 16 while interested startups can apply here
The post West African Startups are Invited to Apply for the French-German Incubation Programme appeared first on Innovation Village.