EcoCash launched a ‘Swipe into EcoCash’ service, an innovative and convenient method for EcoCash customers to fund their wallets directly from any bank account linked to ZimSwitch. EcoCash’s efforts are that of enhancing inter-operability and convenience at a time the country is facing cash shortages and relying on electronic platforms for transacting.
During the launch of ‘Swipe into EcoCash’ service, EcoCash General Manager, Ms Natalie Jabangwe reiterated:
“Our idea is to go beyond mobile money. This is about improving on payment systems.”
The Swipe service is available at selected merchants as well as agents and customers can swipe up to $2 000 per transaction. However, the number of swipes and limits depend on individual bank’s terms and conditions.
Just in case you are wondering if you could be able to swipe into EcoCash when you are outside the country. Well, unfortunately, you are unable to, mainly because the service is only available to Steward Bank POS devices.
In addition, probably you do not get a notification of your transaction on your phone, you are advised to call EcoCash’s customer care number (114) with your request and they will be able to track it for you. That’s on its own is also an advantage of using the service because customer support is freely and easily accessible.
BENEFITS OF SWIPE INTO ECOCASH SERVICE
- The process is very easy, safe and secure.
- The service also enables customers whose banks have not integrated with EcoCash, for instance, Barclays and Standard Chartered Bank to be able to swipe their monies from their bank account into their EcoCash accounts.
- All ZimSwitch enabled cards can access the facility.
- This service is available at over 5,000 outlets nationwide.
HOW TO SWIPE INTO ECOCASH FROM ANY BANK
As long as your bank card is ZimSwitch enabled, it will be possible to swipe to cash in, by simply following the steps below:
- Visit any outlet with a Steward bank POS machine
- Swipe your bank card
- Confirm your personal details e.g. name and surname
- Enter amount to swipe-in
- Enter bank card PIN (not EcoCash PIN)
- Receive confirmation SMS
By virtue of being the most widely accepted mobile money solution, this clearly shows that EcoCash will continue to be Zimbabwe’s supreme mobile platform expected to oversee the country’s transition into a totally converged digital economy.
The post Swipe into EcoCash — Intentions and Merits appeared first on Innovation Village.