The US Navy took formal possession of its largest ever destroyer as the future USS Zumwalt (DDG 1000) changed hands from the Bath Iron Works shipyard in Maine. Billed as “the most technically complex and advanced warship the world has ever seen,” the handover follows months of sea trials during which the first in its class, multi-mission land attack and littoral dominance warship was tested to certify its hull, mechanical, and electrical systems, propulsion, and anchor and mooring systems.
Continue Reading US Navy takes possession of its largest ever destroyer
- US Navy
- US Navy’s first Zumwalt-class destroyer begins sea trials
- Raytheon tests new self-defense missile protection for shallow-water combat ships
- Startpoint project imagines the pride of the Royal Navy in 2050
- BAE Systems using VR tech to design Royal Navy warships
- Largest ship ever built for the Royal Australian Navy begins final sea trials
- NightConqueror Thermal Imager to Be Installed on U.S. Navy’s Fastest Ship
from Gizmag Emerging Technology Magazine http://ift.tt/1TsP5Kv
The post US Navy takes possession of its largest ever destroyer appeared first on Computers | Websites | Digital Media | Games .