After a six month hiatus, ground tests have resumed on the third prototype (A/C3) of the AgustaWestland AW609 Tiltrotor. The aircraft recently underwent restrained ground testing with all engines and systems online after testing was suspended following a fatal air crash on October 30, 2015, which cost the lives of two test pilots.
Continue Reading Third AW609 tiltrotor prototype resumes testing following fatal crash
- AW609 tiltRotor aircraft completes autorotation trials
- AgustaWestland unveils world’s first electric tilt rotor aircraft
- UK’s next generation Wildcat helicopter completes sea trials
- AgustaWestland AW609 tiltrotor aims for 2016 FAA certification
- U.S. Marine Corps takes delivery of latest V-22 Osprey
- In pictures: Farnborough Airshow 2012
from Gizmag Emerging Technology Magazine http://ift.tt/21N6alz
The post Third AW609 tiltrotor prototype resumes testing following fatal crash appeared first on Computers | Websites | Digital Media | Games .