For those who are forever glued to their smartphones, navigating a city can be hazardous. Dodging street lights and other pedestrians without looking up is tricky, and crossing roads is downright dangerous. Some would leave this to Darwin, but Augsburg in Germany is trialling in-road pedestrian lights.
Continue Reading In-road LEDs aimed at providing lightbulb moments for distracted smartphone users
Category: Good Thinking
- Dancing traffic light entertains pedestrians and improves safety
- River Hull Footbridge turns pedestrians into passengers
- Busy Mexico City street to be reclaimed as green space and linear park
- Conceptual footbridge puts the O into iconic
- London to trial “intelligent” pedestrian crossings
- New system warns drivers of pedestrians, even when they’re not in view
from Gizmag Emerging Technology Magazine http://ift.tt/1TAjQNt
The post In-road LEDs aimed at providing lightbulb moments for distracted smartphone users appeared first on Computers | Websites | Digital Media | Games .