Tiny Glasses Reveal Praying mantises have a different kind of 3D vision
According to the Jurassic Park movies, the T-Rex’s vision was based on movement, so it couldn’t see you if you stood perfectly still. That advice won’t help you at all in the unlikely event that you ever find yourself hunted by a real Rex, but it turns out it might actually save your life in the equally-unlikely event that your hunter is a giant praying mantis. By putting tiny 3D glasses on the bugs, researchers at Newcastle University have found that praying mantises possess a unique, previously unknown type of vision.
Continue Reading Tiny glasses reveal praying mantises have a different kind of 3D vision
- 3D Glasses
- Newcastle University
- Bionic hand uses built-in camera to home in on objects
- Mobile device sensors can spy on you to steal PINs
- Praying mantises outfitted with tiny 3D glasses
- Paper fingerprints could thwart counterfeiters
- Even deepest ocean trenches aren’t safe from human-made pollutants
- Fuel for brain tumors different than thought, could improve treatment options
from New Atlas http://ift.tt/2FXhSoM
We Just Love Sharing Content. We Sourced This From NewAtlas. Enjoy and share! Leave comments too.