New Sema4 DNA test screens your child for 193 Genetic diseases
A DNA test has just been launched allowing parents to screen their newborn babies and children for a variety of childhood-onset diseases. Offered by genomic testing company Sema4, the test involves gathering a DNA sample via a simple cheek swab that is then mailed back to the company for sequencing.
Continue Reading New Sema4 DNA test screens your child for 193 genetic diseases
Category: Health & Wellbeing
- Ancient mummy DNA reveals surprises about genetic origins of Egyptians
- FDA approves home genetic tests for Alzheimer’s and other diseases
- Mutations in a single gene linked to severe obesity
- Genetic correlation found to link higher intelligence with longer lifespan
- New CRISPR tools enable extraordinarily precise gene editing in human cells
- Genetic study finds evidence that we’re still evolving
from New Atlas http://ift.tt/2FXFN7d
We Just Love Sharing Content. We Sourced This From NewAtlas. Enjoy and share! Leave comments too.