NASA Recreates Alien Ocean on Earth to test otherworldly sub designs
In some ways, Saturn’s moon Titan is very Earth-like, with its flowing rivers, lakes and oceans. But there’s a key difference: instead of plain old water, those seas are composed of liquid methane and ethane. Now, scientists at NASA and Washington State University have recreated that alien ocean in the lab to test out designs for submarines that may one day dive into those Titanic depths.
Continue Reading NASA recreates alien ocean on Earth to test otherworldly sub designs
- Washington State University
- Study of Titan sea reveals unexpected composition
- Cassini on course for destruction after final Titan flyby
- Saturn’s moon Titan may have fizzy lakes
- Latest Cassini image captures majesty of Saturn’s rings
- New Cassini map of Titan reveals an Earth-like sea level
- Cassini continues to “surprise and delight” on its final Saturn jaunt
from New Atlas http://ift.tt/2sgfDuH
We Just Love Sharing Content. We Sourced This From NewAtlas. Enjoy and share! Leave comments too.