Swatting at Mosquitoes can teach them not to bug you
When you fail to land a fatal blow, you might wonder how much your swatting at buzzing mosquitoes really is doing to deter them. But new research indicates that swipes that don’t find their target may not be a complete waste of time, as mosquitoes will associate the mechanical shock of a swat with that person’s odor, teaching the insects that person is not someone to mess with.
Continue Reading Swatting at mosquitoes can teach them not to bug you
- University of Washington
- 20 million sterile mosquitoes to be released in California
- Packable device keeps mosquitoes away in the boonies
- Invisaband bracelet claimed to make you undetectable to mosquitoes
- Effective, safe, and pleasant-smelling mosquito control could be on the way
- Scientists find key to more effective DEET alternatives
- Secrets of mosquito flight captured on high-speed cameras
from New Atlas http://ift.tt/2GqlrEY
We Just Love Sharing Content. We Sourced This From NewAtlas. Enjoy and share! Leave comments too.