Dark Energy Survey Spots Remains of 11 galaxies devoured by the Milky Way
The first intriguing findings have been released from the Dark Energy Survey, a project that’s studying the sky to find clues about the mysterious force that seems to be accelerating the expansion of the universe. And among the data is the discovery of 11 new stellar streams, the remains of smaller galaxies that our own Milky Way has torn to shreds.
Continue Reading Dark Energy Survey spots remains of 11 galaxies devoured by the Milky Way
- Dark Energy
- University of Chicago
- Heat flow method can levitate just about anything
- Mutant fish help uncover link between fins and fingers
- CRISPR-treated skin graft used to treat diabetes in mice
- Study suggests adults can be trained to develop “perfect pitch”
- Gluten intolerance could be caused (and prevented) by a common virus
- Life could jump between TRAPPIST-1’s Earth-like planets in decades
from New Atlas http://ift.tt/2EKclBi
We Just Love Sharing Content. We Sourced This From NewAtlas. Enjoy and share! Leave comments too.