Spider Web Inspired Implantable “string” could control diabetes
A team of researchers has developed a revolutionary new method for treating type 1 diabetes. Inspired by a spider’s web the team created an easily implantable nanoporous thread that can hold hundreds of thousands of insulin-producing islet cells and be easily removed when they need to come out.
Continue Reading Spider web inspired implantable “string” could control diabetes
- Cornell University
- Capsules made from seaweed could replace insulin injections
- Protective packaging could hold the key to an effective insulin pill
- Clinical trials of stem cell-based “functional cure” for type 1 diabetes underway
- Are synthetic insulin-secreting cells the future of diabetes treatment?
- Insulin releasing patch draws oral diabetes treatments closer
- Insulin “capsules” may ultimately replace daily injections for diabetics
from New Atlas http://ift.tt/2lJaCnG
We Just Love Sharing Content. We Sourced This From NewAtlas. Enjoy and share! Leave comments too.