Powering up: The Biggest Battery Breakthroughs of 2017
Batteries are the engine room for so much of the modern world, from smartphones to laptops, from weird new scooters to the emerging fleets of autonomous trucks. So there are plenty of folks with an interest in pushing Battery technology forward, and 2017 bought a raft of exciting breakthroughs aimed at making them safer, longer-lasting, faster charging and more cost effective. Here’s the best of the bunch.
Continue Reading Powering up: The biggest battery breakthroughs of 2017
- Best of 2017
- Lithium-air batteries are getting safer, cheaper, and longer-lasting
- Additives keep lithium-ion batteries from catching fire
- Lithium metal battery prototype boasts 3 times the capacity of lithium-ions
- Asphalt-lithium metal batteries fully charge in five minutes
- Lithium-ion battery boost could come from “caging” silicon in graphene
- Cheap new alloy may double the anode capacity of lithium batteries
from New Atlas http://ift.tt/2AKC9je
We Just Love Sharing Content. We Sourced This From NewAtlas. Enjoy and share! Leave comments too.