2 days ago, My Lumia 625 started to hang and keep making problems, and I finally decided to reset it through the WPRT. So I proceed to WPRT and connecting my L625 to PC and Install the Software as usual.But suddenly , WPRT shows an error that “The Operation could not be finished” and my L625 turns black and can’t restart and even no sign of the Phone alive ( Light Exposure, red screen , etc).
So i check again with WPRT and it could not detect my L625 , so i decided to go to “My Phone Was not detected” button and choose my Device Manufacturer, Lumia
After that , once it detected my L625, it brings me to the Software Version checking… Refer image below
Ok now i know that my Device is still alive and in UEFI mode or QHUSB_DLOAD (the name of the device at the moment) . Then i proceed by clicking Install Software.
It will take a moment to download the Emergency Packages from Microsoft Servers and soon it started to flash my L625 with the emergency package to recover / return to the Red Screen mode.
At first , i have tried to install the emergency package for about 10 times but it always ended up with error message ” The operation failed” “Could not found device”
That night, I try again and it succeed!. My Phone has been flashed with emergency package and return into normal UEFI mode ( The Red Screen with large NOKIA ) .
Then I proceed with software Installation, and again as expected, it failed again and ask me to reboot the device.So i try it and keep rebooting my device for around 3 times. You know what? Miracle happens…. I tried again while watching the Log Files in Temp Directory, and it started to install the software smoothly without the previous error.
Ok Let me Summarised it :
- Disconnect your phone from your PC
- Click on My Phone was not detected button
- Reconnect your phone to your PC
- If you were prompted to choose your Phone Manufacturer choose either Lumia, if you are using Lumia Devices or HTC if you are using HTC One.
- Wait for your computer to detect your phone and follow the screen instructions. If the phone still not connected try reboot it by pressing the combination of Power Key + Volume Down Key
- Once you have been brought to Software Versions checking ( refer Screenshot 2 ) Press on Install Software and it will begin downloading emergency packages and Software Packages and install it.
- You’re done
So far, in my case, i have not used any manual steps like install the Software via CMD Prompt using the suitable Hex for the phone etc… I am grateful that my Lumia 625 back alive!
For more info on WPRT refer my last post or refer Microsoft Mobile Support Page