Imagine you wake up early in the morning, just to find that you couldn’t log on to your Facebook Account. While you are just wondering about the reason for this lockout problem, your friend calls you to check if you are fine seeing your weird Facebook status. At times like these, how do you say your account is secure enough? How do you protect your Facebook account from hackers?
- Never share your passwords with anyone including your friends and family. Browsing through a secure connection is always advisable.
- Don’t get your news feed flooded with suspicious links. Ensure that you don’t click on any links of games, apps, and others that you are not sure of. Avoid permitting third party apps accessing your information. If you are not using any apps, it’s better to disable or remove those apps.
- Ensure that you accept only persons you know as your friends as when you accept strangers, you allow them to access your personal information. It’s always better to avoid posting any financial or personal details.
- Change your passwords regularly and use unique passwords. Don’t forget to activate your login notifications.
- Keep Your PC Security Updated. Nowadays one of the easiest processes to hack a Facebook account is phishing attacks. That's why always use a trusted antivirus program to detect those phishing sites. Besides it will help you to keep harmful keyloggers off your computer. And most importantly never forget to update its database. Ever. In addition to updating antivirus, keep your Firewall switched on and updated, use latest version of your favorite browser and download OS security updates regularly.
- Keep it secure at all times. Facebook is like a best buddy, a chronicle of your life, your diary of sorts and an outlet for your creativity. You can’t risk your Facebook account at any cost and should certainly try all the possible ways to keep it as personal and secure as you can.