and the successes of Apple Music
We present to your attention the next issue of the news program Apple News. Today we will talk about WWDC 2018, Apple Music and much more.
1. Siri did not live up to expectations. This was stated by the creator of the voice assistant – Norman Vinarski. According to him, the product, which was once bought by Apple, could make a real revolution, but remained in the shadow of the development of competitors. Initially, it was planned to make Siri a personal concierge who, having found out on his own that your flight was canceled, would find a replacement even before you pull the smartphone out of your pocket. Perhaps the functionality of Siri would be more limited, but it would help to solve really important tasks.
2. Apple intends to refine the MacBook’s keyboard of future generations in such a way as to protect it from dust, crumbs and water. This follows from the materials of the new patent. According to the drawings in Cupertino they plan to supplement the design of each key with a protective membrane. It is assumed that it will not allow foreign particles to get inside the mechanism and interfere with its operation.
3. Charging station AirPower, with which you can provide wireless charging iPhone, Apple Watch and AirPods, should go on sale before the end of this month. If previously the relevant information was shared by analysts, this time the source was among the suppliers of Apple. Most likely, simultaneously with the release of AirPower, a case for AirPods with support for wireless charging should be on sale.
4. Apple Computers topped the reliability rating with an estimate of 665 and a “A +” degree, compiled by specialists of the network of repair shops Rescuecom. The conclusion about reliability was made on the basis of data on the number of calls of Mac owners for repair in comparison with computers of other brands. In second place with a rating of reliability 270 are located desktops and laptops Samsung. They were awarded a degree of reliability “A-“.
5. As expected, the WWDC developer conference this year will be held from June 4 to 8 at the McEnery conference center in San Jose. This information was confirmed by Apple, opening applications for participation. At the event, both developers and creative people are invited.
Participation in the conference, according to the tradition of previous years, is paid. Everyone wishing to get to the event will be able to take part in the raffle of tickets. Reception of applications will last until 10 am on March 22, Pacific Time. Like in any other lottery, Apple does not guarantee a win regardless of the deadline for the application.
The cost of tickets for WWDC 2018 is neither more nor less than $ 1600, which is equivalent to 91 thousand rubles. Traditional presentation of Apple will be held on the first day of the conference – June 4.
6. Apple’s senior vice president, Eddie Cue, said that Apple Music has already 38 million subscribers at its disposal, and about 8 million people use the service on a trial subscription. On average, every week the service receives an increase of 400,000 new subscribers.
And it should be noted that the growth rates have been really impressive lately. In just 5 weeks, streaming service has acquired 2 million subscribers, this is the fastest growth since the launch of the service in 2015.
Nevertheless, the palm tree still holds Spotify with its 71 million subscribers, which is almost twice as much as Apple Music. However, Spotify has an undeniable advantage – the ability to listen to music on a free basis. However, even Spotify can not always go into a plus. Jimmy Iowin, the tutor of Apple Music, recently said that music streaming services “do not make any money”, justifying it by the fact that a standard subscription of $ 10 is completely unprofitable. However, the profit of its own streaming service, apparently, does not bother Apple so much, as it has the opportunity to earn on other products and services.
7. In the short term, Apple intends to focus on creating and promoting original content. This Eddie Cue told a CNN reporter. According to him, Apple has a well-formed team of professionals for whom the phrase “original content” is not an empty phrase.
First, Kew bragged about the recent purchase of the startup Texture, which provides subscribers with simultaneous access to hundreds of online publications at a fixed price. Apparently, with his help, Apple plans to monetize the company’s “Novosti” service, which, as the top manager stressed, is today one of the few ad-free aggregators.
The creation of entertainment content is also part of Apple’s new strategy, says Kew. The company spent more than two years searching for the best professionals who could lead the work on new TV shows. The matter is that video content is extremely important for the further development of Apple Music. Apple aims to give users a comprehensive product that would give them access not only to music, but also original TV shows that they will not be able to see elsewhere. This strategy fully justifies itself, says Kew, increasing the growth rate of subscribers.Viewing:-7
This post first appeared on Need Help Ask Us Now Most Important Technology New, please read the originial post: here