Big data is critical for companies to stay competitive in today’s fast-moving market. With the Big Data industry evolving so rapidly, where does an organization turn when they want to put their data into action to improve customer experiences, reduce churn, optimize operations and manage risks? Many don’t have time to dig into all of the available research and incorporate new technologies.
We compiled a “Big Data Experts to Follow on Twitter” list to help.
10 Big Data Experts to Follow on Twitter
- @Merv: Helmed by Gartner Research Vice President Merv Adrian, this Twitter handle covers data transformation and extreme information processing. With discussions ranging from OPDMBS to music of the Talking Heads, his insight is always valuable.
- @data_nerd: Carla Gentry is a freelance data scientist who offers up hard data on everything from VR to AI to big data. A well-respected speaker, she regularly focuses on leveraging information to increase ROI and gain competitive advantage.
- @BigDataGal: A double threat as both a data scientist and a journalist, Lillian Pierson is author of “Data Science for Dummies.” She began her career working with DNA/RNA molecules and now explores the world of data science, analytics and Big Data. And who doesn’t love a person who has a business is based in Houston, but actually lives in Koh Samui in Thailand?
- @KirkDBorne: Ever dream of learning from a PhD Astrophysicist? Then @KirkDBorne is the answer. A Principal Data Scientist at Booz-Allen Hamilton, this Twitter expert really gets into the science behind emerging technology.
- @KDnuggets: Gregory Piatetsky was Chair at SIGKDD, Chief Scientist at two startups, and now a self-described “part time philosopher.” A respected leader in business analytics and knowledge discovery, he’s currently one of the industry’s leading influencers.
- @BernardMarr: A bestseller author, keynote speaker and overall industry guru, Bernard Marr explores the world of Big Data and how it will change business forever. He regularly contributes to the World Economic Forum and has been pegged by LinkedIn as one of the “World’s Top 50 Business Influencers.”
- @TonyBaer: A highly respected analyst with Ovum, Tony Baer comments on everything from Hadoop to vintage rock. He founded the firm’s Big Data research practice and was named one of the most influential Hadoop/Big Data analysts for several years in a row.
- @prokopp: Partner and International Engineering Practice Lead at @thinkBigA, Christian Prokopp also contributes to the big data discussion through his personal blog on cloud computing, architecture, data science and Hadoop.
- @JDavidMorris: J. David Morris has more than 20 years of marketing leadership experience, with deep knowledge of big data and BDaaS analytics.
- @Ronald_vanLoon: Based in the Netherlands, Ronald van Loon is a noted public speaker at leading big data, data science and IoT events around the world. His focus is finding business takeaways for harnessing and understanding the power of big data.
Follow these experts to discover the latest buzz in the big data industry. And if you’d like to learn how to use your data to improve your Business, talk to one of our Big Data experts today.
Feel free to share your favorite Big Data sources on Twitter @CenturyLinkENT or in the comments of this post – we’d love to hear from you.
The post Challenged by Big Data? Follow these Experts appeared first on ThinkGig.
This post first appeared on Official CenturyLink Enterprise Blogs | CenturyLin, please read the originial post: here