Get Even More Visitors To Your Blog, Upgrade To A Business Listing >>

Transcoding Problem: Option (correctencoding=wlatin1)

Have you ever tried to convert the default Encoding to Wlatin1 (Windows SAS Session Encoding)? Let me tell you the story behind writing this post…. Today I was asked to send Sas Datasets to one of the client. I transferred the SAS datasets to the client and immediately after, I got an email from the so called client saying the encoding of SAS datasets is different this time when compared with the last transfer. He said It’s causing problems in Proc compare process. Opps… bummer…. Client’s email got me little worried ...I checked the Proc contents details and saw the change in the encoding. I investigated the issue and found out that Unicode SAS with UTF-8 encoding uses 1 to 4 bytes to handle Unicode data. It is possible for the 8-bit characters to be expanded by 2 to 3 bytes when transcoding occurs, which causes the truncation error. Because of the truncation problem I was asked to change the unicoding back to WLATIN1 so that the character data present in the SAS datasets represents...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]



This post first appeared on StudySAS, please read the originial post: here

Share the post

Transcoding Problem: Option (correctencoding=wlatin1)

×

Subscribe to Studysas

Get updates delivered right to your inbox!

Thank you for your subscription

×