Greatness Code is an Apple TV+ original docuseries. Premiered on 10th July 2020, it stars LeBron James, Tom Brady, Alex Morgan, Usain Bolt, Shaun White, Katie Ledecky, Kelly Slater.
Via Greatness Code, Apple finds an interesting way to bring to its viewers a documentary. With a total of 7 episodes where each episode is less than 10 minutes, 7 athletes share their stories – the one about their best game.
The Greatness Code and Stories
While just 5/10 minutes duration for legends might seem unjust, the series still manages to give you a good 35 minutes. Storytelling and animations give it a good effect.
One thing common about all athletes is that during their game, viewers see everything as very fast and swift but on the other hand it’s very slow for the players, it’s measured. They click mental frames of their mistakes, moments and wins!
The duration is a disappointment – a legend like Usain Bolt told his story is less than 10 minutes. Apple might have tried to keep it short and crisp! But it felt a bit too short and thus on the unsatisfactory side.
- LeBron James in the first episode of the docuseries talks about the 2012 Eastern Conference Finals in which James and Miami Heat took on the Boston Celtics. James talks about game 6 of the series where he is put up 45 points, 15 rebounds, and 5 assists, one of the best performances of the future Hall of Famer.
- Tom Brady talks about his one perfect game and it’s not what you think.
- Alex Morgan talks about a part of her experience in the Women National Team and hints towards the discrimination in the pay of the women team and the men’s team (Always!)
- Usain Bolt tells the viewers about the race which made him believe that he was born to run and honestly, we would have loved to hear more!
- Shaun White recalls January 13, 2018, vividly. The three-time Olympic medalist snowboarder talks about one of the most pivotal events that unfolded on the day.
- Katie Ledecky talks about her being just an underdog teenager who just wanted to make the team, but Ledecky achieved one of the most dominant Olympic performances in history (Bravo!)
- Kelly Slater: “You think about this whole lifetime building to this one moment,” says Kelly. He tells about his fifth world surfing Championship where he gained more than just winning.
Stream It or Skip It
STREAM IT! Greatness Code is a well-thought docuseries on Apple TV+. The only lack is the duration of each episode but it’s still binge-worthy for some good animation and effects.
Greatness Code is streaming now on Apple TV+.
Read our other reviews here.