Tripwire Interactive, the developers behind the upcoming single-player action-RPG where you play as a shark, Maneater, have announced they’re using Quixel Megascans to create realistic environments and bring the underwater world of Maneater to life.
THE QUIXEL MEGASCANS LIBRARY HAS BEEN A CRUCIAL RESOURCE IN OUR ENVIRONMENT CREATION PROCESS.said Andrew Kerschner, Lead Environment Artist for Maneater at Tripwire Interactive.
Quixel Megascans are known for their detailed photorealistic assets, and have been already used in many AAA titles including Battlefield V, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Metro Exodus, Destiny 2. Many of these are already well-known for their intricately detailed landscapes.
Check out this real-time cinematic by Quixel, harnessing the power of Unreal Engine and real-world scans from their Megascans library:
Not only videogames, but they have a name in the film industry as well. Disney’s recent Jungle Book made use of Quixel’s Megascans to texture their jungle brimming with detail. Read Tripwire Interactive’s blog post about the announcement for more details.
About the game:
Maneater is a goofy single player action RPG where you play as a Shark whose job is to chomp on swimmers, divers and beachgoers. Players will grow in power as they explore a wide range of underwater environments. These environments will include swamps, rivers, beachside resorts and the deep blue sea. Players will also be able to eat, explore, and evolve the ultimate killing machine in Maneater.
- Eat, explore and evolve in an open-world action RPG.
- Play through a full narrative, story-based campaign narrated by Chris Parnell (Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock, Rick and Morty).
- Feed on humans, consume nutrients and find rare shark loot to evolve past what nature intended.
- Explore 7 large regions including bayous of the gulf coast, resort beaches, industrial docks, the open ocean and more. Experience a living world with a full day/night cycle.
- Unlock and equip various Evolutions that improve and enhance your shark as you progress through the campaign.
- Hunter Parties and Bounty System – the humans fight back! The battle against various types of hunters ranging from small skiffs all the way up to the coast guard.
Maneater arrives on PC, Xbox One and PS4 this May 22, and hits the Switch later this year. At launch, the game will arrive to Epic Games, coming to Steam after the 1 year exclusivity period.
Also check out:
- Cyberpunk 2077 Joins IGN’s ‘Summer of Gaming’ for June Reveal
- The Last of Us Part-II and Ghost of Tsushima Get Release Dates
- Massive The Last of Us Part 2 Leaks Surface Online
The post Maneater Using Quixel Megascans to Bring Environments to Life appeared first on TechQuila.