From flexibility, strength, heart health to well-being, practicing Yoga regularly yields many mental and physical health benefits. Maybe that’s the reason the number of the US “yogis” has increased by 50% in four years only. Of course, that’s not the only reason why to invest in yoga app development.
The crux is, Yoga is a strong trend and is one of the most popular activities. Above all, it’s said that 89% of US yogis practice yoga 1–5 hours a day on average. Besides, these yogis spend around $16 billion on yoga classes, clothing, equipment, and accessories. Clearly, yoga is becoming increasingly popular. Its popularity is seen in the surged numbers of people who practice yoga and those who wish to have it as a career.
That’s where entrepreneurial minds enter to establish their yoga business empire. If you are looking to develop an application around yoga, you are not alone. Since it is a great trend, you must study the market well to solve a concrete problem.
It’s 100% true; you need an experienced app development company. Though researching existing yoga and meditation app solutions like Asana Rebel will tremendously help you unearth a fruitful business model.
What Is Asana Rebel?
Asana Rebel is a yoga and meditation app that allows you to take your yoga practice with you anywhere you go. Whether you are at home or on the road, you can have your yoga class with you with this app. It appears to be a boon for anyone who wants to lose weight, get in shape, boost stamina, sleep better, and improve overall productivity.
The USP of the German yoga app is that it asks a series of questions about users’ circumstances, goals, and health. And then, it customizes the fitness plan with healthy habits that users need to get done. Moreover, it offers 100+ workout plans. To make the app popular among their audience, they have also made it accessible with a dynamic interface.
Therefore, when fitness enthusiasts come across the Asana Rebel app, it doesn’t take much for them to become loyal members.
Why Develop A Yoga App?
There could be two reasons you want to make an app like Asana Rebel: 1. You want to digitize your Yoga Studio; 2. You’ve got a vision and idea to help people live a long and healthy life with Yoga and Meditation.
So, before plunging into the whole project requirements and cost of yoga app development, let’s see if all that effort and resources will be worth it.
Suppose you are an existing yoga studio, then a yoga app solution will help you in the following ways:
- The Yoga app solution allows you to support a more personalized customer relationship.
- Your yoga and meditation studio can not only attract a new audience, but by selling your fitness sessions and exercise packs on the mobile app, you can reach yogis across the world. Another revenue stream at minimum effort!!
- Offer special yoga sessions online, and there will be no downtime in your business as it lets you interact with anyone, anytime, regardless of real-time location.
- Yoga app development offers you tons of tools to retain, attract, and grow your customer base.
- Yet another revenue stream in the form of recurring membership plans to access your premium content on your yoga and meditation mobile app.
Now, why is yoga application development a good startup idea in 2022?
- Around 98% of yogis consider they fall between beginner-intermediate level, and thus they seek direction and assistance to carry out their healthy lifestyle with yoga.
- Searches for yoga and meditation apps, such as “mindfulness apps” or “yoga for beginners app,” grew 65% YoY.
- Online yoga classes don’t require people to come to a studio at a specific time; they can select the time and days that suit them to practice. This yoga brings a sense of absolute peace to busy lives!
- Developing a Yoga app is a lucrative idea since Yoga practitioners are majorly good earners and ready to splurge on health and wellness.
- You can reap myriads of perks of being a tech startup, including interacting with users at any time from anywhere that is not possible with the traditional offline approach.
Other examples of some leading Yoga mobile applications available for iOS and Android devices:
- Daily Yoga
- Pocket Yoga
- Yoga Studio
- 5 Minute Yoga
- Yoga Poses & Classes
How To Go About Yoga Mobile App Development?
Create A Business Model For Asana Rebel-Like Fitness App
When we talk about the app business model, we mean how your app will generate a return on your investment. So, yoga apps like Asana Rebel majorly generate revenue through various subscription plans.
Nevertheless, you can offer a free trial to lure the users into using your app over other premium yoga services (that charge from the very first day). Different ways to generate income via yoga app development may also include:
- In-app purchase
- Custom yoga and diet plans
- Freemium model
Check out this detailed analysis on How to Make Money from Free Apps.
Valuable Yoga App Features
Remember I mentioned “project requirements” earlier in this blog. Elaborating on the same, the requirements document typically covers the app’s functional and non-functional requirements. Meaning, you will need to figure out what features to build that make your app highly functional and user-friendly. So, let us understand some features that can highlight your yoga app in the market.
- Registration- to create a profile on the app by entering an email address or phone number or using social networks to access any program.
- Today Tab- to show the list of activities to be done on the given day.
- Explore Tab- to access various sessions for workouts, meditations, sleep, nutrition, etc.
- Activity area- to display a yogi’s calendar with historical engagement and achievements that they can share on social media as well.
- Nutrition-based recipes- share healthy dietary recipes sorted for vegetarian, vegan, etc., with cooking time and difficulty.
- Exercise categories- let yogis choose the type of workout based on the goal, such as breathing and relaxation, flexibility and mobility, getting in shape, weight loss, etc.
- Gamification- empowers yogis to learn about their physical and mental health via daily quizzes.
The list doesn’t need to end here as there are other must-have features, including payment gateways, push notifications, review rating, live video streaming, etc. However, it depends on your yoga business nature. Hence, it would be great to discuss your entire yoga app idea with a business analyst or project manager to have a complete list of features.
What Does It Cost To Develop An App Like Asana Rebel?
You will find the quirkiest answers to how much yoga app development costs. For example, the yoga app development cost can befall between $15000 to $150,000+. Because estimation in app development barely turns out to be exact. So, what you can do to manage your budget is explore the factors affecting app development costs.
The knowledge of these factors will help you allocate your budget accordingly. Also, remember that the majority of app developers for hire charge hourly. On that note, we can help you visualize the estimated time to carry out some stages of software development.
|Development Phase||Estimated Hours|
|Business analytics and specifications||80+|
|UI/UX wireframes & prototypes||60|
|Final App Designing||130–190|
|Admin (web) panel||80|
Note: The hourly rate of app development differs from country to country, and hence if you calculate the hour with your developers’ rate you shall have a rough estimate of yoga app development cost.
Ciao for now!
Yoga has been leading people to become the best version of themselves for years, and it’s gaining more attention with every passing day. And why not? Who doesn’t want to live a long and healthy life?
You can lead the industry globally by developing a yoga application with a unique concept that none of the yoga apps has. If the post adds value to your yoga app idea, believe us, we are the ones that can bring your vision to life.
The post What’s The Best Way To Develop a Yoga App like Asana Rebel? appeared first on kodytechnolab.