Do you know? About 70 million Americans have a Sleep disorder, and the most common sleep disorder is insomnia, with 30% of grown-ups experiencing short-term insomnia. In addition, around 10% of people have long-lasting insomnia, while 40% report accidentally falling dozing during the day.
The numbers suggest your decision to develop an app like Sleep Cycle to offer a solution for insomniac people is 100% correct. Sleep Deprivation causes unnecessary fatigue and can also lead to serious health problems, such as Heart attack, Heart failure, irregular heartbeat, and High blood pressure. So, to tackle such conditions, people rely on therapeutic treatment, routine modification, and sometimes ambiance optimization too.
However, most traditional methods of collecting sleep data to solve insomnia’ problems are inefficient to an extent. On top of that, such solutions require buying an expensive device with multiple wires that most people won’t wear every night. This is where mobile apps come in and serve as the ultimate solution.
Since mobile apps are handy, patients can easily track their sleep patterns and get personalized therapy plans for apnea or snoring, and other sleeping disorders.
What is Sleep Cycle App?
Sleep Cycle: Sleep Recorder is an alarm clock mobile app available on the Google Play store and other mobile software stores. The app allows you to track your sleep progress using your mobile device. It also serves as a wake-up alarm that guides you into the lightest possible sleep phase, allowing you to wake up rested, relaxed, and with increased mental performance.
How does it work? You may ask;
Fundamentally, the Sleep Cycle App tracks users’ sleep by listening to their sounds using the microphone. Then, employing machine learning algorithms, the app analyzes those sounds to give users an idea about their sleeping quality.
Furthermore, the app presents data analysis and graphs to understand the causes behind their sleep quality. And just like that, it recommends changes and what users can do to maintain, achieve, or keep better sleep.
What is the point of developing an app like Sleep Cycle when you can offer therapy sessions?
We are living in truly revolutionary times, and it’s so exciting. Even though it might seem like everything has already been invented, we’re continuing to make advancements in technology, science, and medicine every day. One of the areas that are seeing a lot of development is mobile healthcare.
There are thousands of new apps being created and released — and millions more yet to be discovered to solve various health problems. Entrepreneurs who want to make healthcare solutions accessible to everyone harness the power of mobile technology. Such business minds partner with the mobile app development company and carry a massive responsibility on their shoulders.
Altogether, they improve the lives of people all around the world in a compelling way that very few other professions can claim. So, do you want to be one of the best sleep cycle apps of the generation? If so, we will help you understand sleep tracker app development prerequisites.
Existing Sleep Tracking Apps:
- Beddr Sleep
- Oura app with wearable ring for tracking sleep quality and activity
- ShutEye App
Sleep Cycle App Development: Things you must know!
Define Your Unique Selling Point
Nowadays, there is an app for nearly everything, and sleep tracking is no exception. In other words, if you want your app to be popular among your audience, you might have to fight for their attention. And so, you will need USPs to attract more users to download your sleep tracker app.
Since we have taken the Sleep Cycle app as an example, let’s see what empowered it to achieve over 37 million users worldwide.
- The app has a slick and user-friendly interface;
- Smart alarms with various tones;
- After analyzing your sleep, it summarizes everything on its Statistics page, including sleep stages, bedtime, wake time, with total and average sleep time;
- Analytical trends tab that helps you review sleep quality during different periods;
- Compare your sleep quality with others across your country.
Add Seamless Functionality
Basically, when you prepare project requirement documents, you outline every feature you want in your app. And to create an app like Sleep Cycle that documents users’ sleep patterns, you can consider the below features.
- Register / Login
- Set alarm
- Analyze Sleep quality
- The time you go to bed
- Time in bed
- The time of wake up
- Snore detection
- Sound detection
- Sleep quality is affected by air pressures, the moon, etc.
- Activity to improve sleep
- Sleep quality affected by activity
- Heart rate (bpm)
- Push notifications
- Sleep quality per day of the week
- Time in bed per day of the week
- Overview of total nights, time in bed, the average time in bed, the shortest and longest night, best night, and worst night)
Moreover, the business model of the Sleep Cycle app consists of membership $9.99 per month or $39.99 per year. The app offers premium features as below with the subscription plans:
- Online backup
- Sleep aid and Sleep notes
- Compare your sleep data to world sleep statistics
- Wake up the mood
- Everyday Weather
- AirPlay for alarm
- Philips Hue to wake you
- RunKeeper that tracks activity
- Export data for detailed analysis
Be Upfront about your revenue model
Besides premium subscription plans, you can opt for various monetization models to generate additional money through your app. For example;
- Paid app: you can ask users to pay once to install your app on their mobile device and make money.
- Freemium: With the freemium model, you offer your app free for basic features or as a trial. Further, your users will pay to continue after a free trial or upgrade to a premium version.
- In-app purchases: You can also sell functionality like connecting to Apple Watch, content, or devices that help users improve their sleep.
- Advertising: There are different ad formats you use to monetize, such as cost per click, Cost per hundred/thousand impression, or cost per action, and let other brands advertise on your app.
How much does it Cost to Develop a sleep tracker app?
So, developing a sleep analysis app like Sleep Cycle that helps users fall asleep better, have a relaxed sleep, and monitor their sleep, will take significant investment. You may need a budget ranging from $15000 to $30000, or more. Typically, a mobile app development cost depends on a number of factors such as:
- You develop an app for iOS, Android, or both;
- The number of features, functionality, and their complexity level;
- Technology stack to develop required functionality;
- Prototyping your sleep tracker app idea;
- Hours took to design and code the app;
- The hourly rate that the app development team charges.
There is one more catch, i.e., the location of the development team. Given development, rates differ in developed and developing countries. For example;
- US developers charge $150-$200 per hour.
- Eastern European developers charge $80-$100 per hour.
- However, if you hire mobile app developers from Asia, they charge $20-$50 per hour.
From fitness trackers to bathroom scales, our homes are full of devices that track everything. The latest trend? Sleep apps. It’s not surprising there are more and more looking to monitor your sleep cycles – after all, getting a good night’s rest is absolutely key to our health.
And while mobile healthcare apps are convenient to monitor fitness, there’s a fair chance your startup app may succeed rapidly. So, spill the idea that you have for a healthy sleep app, and we’ll make it tangible.
The post How To Stand Out With Sleep Cycle App Development In The Crowded Healthcare Market? appeared first on kodytechnolab.