How to setup facebook Instant Articles with blogger. Many bloggers use WordPress platform for blogging as it provides plugin support and you can customize according to your requirements. But there are many bloggers who uses blogger platform for their blog or websites. Many popular blogs are on blogger platform. I have approved Instant articles for many pages. It is easy to set up instant articles for WordPress site. Facebook has official WordPress plugins for that. But if you have blog on blogger platform then you have follow different steps. You have to edit html code of theme and set up production RSS feed for blogger blog.
Everyone wants to access power of instant articles to monetize their site and facebook page. If you don’t know What is Facebook instant articles? then click here. Many bloggers have already connected their blog with instant articles. To set up instant articles you must have one website and one facebook page. As you know wordpress is very popular platform for blogging. More than 27% of websites in world uses wordpress platform. Taking that in to consideration facebook launched special plugin to set up instant articles on wordpress blog. Because of plugin support it is very easy to set up instant articles for wordpress blog. But there are many bloggers in world which uses blogspot or blogger platform for their website or blog. Blogger.com own by google which provides free hosting and platform for website or blog. As it provides free hosting, there are thousands of website hosted on blogger. But blogger platform doesn’t provide plugin support. Now many bloggers who uses blogger or blogspot platform want to connect blog and facebook page with instant articles. Many of then not able to set up instant articles for blogger blog as there is no dedicated plugin so here we are giving step wise process to set up facebook instant articles for blogger.
To set up facebook instant articles for blogger you must have facebook page and blog hosted on blogger or blogspot
1. Sign up with instant articles
- After sign up it will show facebook pages owned by your account.
- Select Page which you want to use for instant articles.
- Click on access publishing tools tab and after that you will find publishing tools which will help you to set up instant articles.
2. Connect your site with your facebook page
- Go to your page => Publishing Tools.
- In publishing tools under Instant articles you will find different options like configuration, Production articles, Development articles.
- Click on configuration. then different tools.
- Click on connect your site to connect.
- To connect your site, add the meta tag given to the tag in your website’s HTML, then enter the URL of your site in the field below.
- To add this meta tag to your blogger site go to Blogger dashboard => Theme = > Edit Html. In html code paste code containing fb page id just below .
- Enter url of your site and click on claim url.
- Now you will see message that your url has been claimed successfully.
3. Connect your website’s RSS feed for Instant Articles
Facebook will automatically fetch data from your website once you add your website’s rss feed to instant article publishing tool production rss feed. Rss feed format for blogger website is different than wordpress site. After providing rss feed url your new blog post will be automatically fetched in to instant articles which you can see under production article tab.
To add rss feed url for blogger follow these steps
- First go to your blogger dashboard and make sure your blogger posts feed is set to full.
- To check this go to Blogger dashboard => Setting => other => site feed.
- Allow blog feed must be full.
- After this now go to facebook page publishing tools.
- Configuration=> production rss feed.
- In productionn rss feed enter url given below.
- http://www.yoursitename.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss Just put your website name at the place of ” yoursitename”. and click on save.
4. Add Logo and submit for review
- After adding production feed url you will see your blog posts in Publishing tools => Production article.
- Now it is time to submit your articles for review. But it will give error if you submit for review without adding logo.
- To add logo Click here and follow steps.
- Now after adding logo go to publishing tools => configuration => submit for review.
- Click on submit. you must have more than 5 articles to submit for review.
- Now it will review your articles and your instant articles will be approve within 3-4 days.
- After getting approval now you can start publishing your instant articles.
- To now how to publish or unnpublish instant articles See image below.
- When status of article is “live”, wherever you post link of that article on facebook it will open as instant article.
Watch More Technical Videos, Like us on Facebook @TechnicalChuzza, follow us on Twitter @TechnicalChuzza, Connect On Linkedin @TechnicalChuzza, Subscribe us on Youtube @TechnicalChuzza Thank you.