Hi guys! Welcome to Take me 2 Tech.
Today we will learn to create AVD-Android virtual device.
What is Android Virtual Device?
An AVD is an emulator configuration that allows developers to test their Android application by simulating the real device capabilities.
To create an AVD we need:
Java Development kit: JAVA SE.
Android SDK: ANDROID SDK.
Now follow the steps to create your own AVD:
- Install SDK manager to your computer.
- Open SDK manager.exe.
- Now from the list, expand ANDROID 4.2.2(API 17).
- Check on: SDK platform, ARM EABI v7a system image, Inter x86 Apple system image(or Google API x86 Apple system Image) and Sources for Android SDK.
- Click on install packages and wait till they install.
- Now, after installing, click on AVD manager.exe.
- Click on create.
- Choose name for your AVD, choose device, Choose target (We have only installed Android 4.2.2, if you want you can install another version from SDK manager), Choose CPU Google or Intel API for fast speed, Choose skin, Choose camera of your choice, Choose RAM size, Internal storage and SD card.
- Click OK and it will take some time to create your AVD.
- After creating click on your AVD and click EDIT.
- You can add additional hardware if you want from EDIT Menu.
- Now to launch your AVD click on it again then click Start and then launch.
Congratulations you can create your own AVD now.
If you have any queries or suggestions then please reply below.
If you are facing any other problem and can’t find any related article on our blog, then please go to contact page and send us your problem and we will solve it as soon as possible.
Don’t forget to follow TECH ME 2 TECH blog and like the post.