Read Also : RaiBlocks (XRB): The Next Generation Cryptocurrency
Read Also : The Best Crypto-Investments of 2018
Read Also : Ripple increases by 50% to become the second largest cryptocurrency
Read Also : Ripple Mining
How to generate a secure offline paper wallet for Ripple (XRP)
Here are steps to generate a secure offline paper Wallet for Ripple.
I’ll try to keep this updated with corrections and Q&A.
- Download and install a fresh copy of Linux on a physical computer with all network cables unplugged and wifi off. A virtual machine may word, but due to the recent Intel CPU vulnerabilities, my confidence has decreased on a VM.
- Use an online computer to download a the Ripple Desktop wallet by Rippex. Load it to a USB stick, then transfer it to your offline Linux system.
- Generate a wallet, write down your public address, private key, and pass phrase (or buy a $20 printer, print it out, and throw the printer away).
- Transfer the wallet file that was generated to a USB stick and make many copies of it and store them in many places. If you lose the wallet file, the information printed can regenerate it.
- Send 20 Ripple to your wallet address; this is the minimum balance a Ripple wallet requires to be active.
- Use an online computer to download and install the Ripple Desktop Wallet by Rippex. Transfer the wallet file to this computer.
- Open the Rippex Desktop Wallet software on the online computer, select “Server Settings”, and check “Online mode”; Then, click back to Overview.
- There are a few things you can do with Ripple Desktop Wallet by Rippex…
- Open Account: Select wallet and enter your pass phrase documented on the paper then click “Open Account” (Full functionality; send, receive, check balance, view transactions, etc)… be careful as you’re typing in your secret pass phrase on an online computer; don’t get pwned by a key logger.
- Read Only Mode: Enter your Ripple address then click “Open Account” (View your Ripple balance and History).
- Cold Wallet: Enter your Ripple address then click “Open Account” (Check balance and account flags)
- Validate that the 20 Ripple is successfully showing in your Ripple Desktop wallet.
- Try sending slightly more Ripple and validate it was successfully sent.
- Try sending Ripple from your Ripple Desktop Wallet to another wallet and validate that it was successfully sent.
- You’ve successfully learned how to generate an offline paper wallet for Ripple
Rippex Links: Download Rippex Desktop Wallet – https://rippex.net/carteira-ripple.php#/
Source Code of Rippex – https://github.com/rippex/ripple-client-desktop
Rippex Tutorials – https://rippex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/201428603-Ripple-Desktop-Wallet
Conversation between Ripple and Rippex – https://ripple.com/insights/meet-rafael-the-founder-of-the-latest-brazilian-gateway/
Recovering a Ripple account using the secret key – https://rippex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206506816-Recovering-a-Ripple-account-using-the-secret-key
Tutorials that may help: Ubuntu installation guide – https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation
The post How to generate a secure Offline Paper Wallet for Ripple (XRP) appeared first on Digital Bodha.
This post first appeared on Cryptocurrency News | Bitcoin Mining Hardware | Dogecoin, please read the originial post: here