Hi, folks! It’s insane how fast the week has flown! Nevertheless, we’re here with our weekly digest of the coolest reads that we’ve been handpicking for your over the past 7 days. Let’s go!
- Computer Science VS Software Engineering — Which Major Is Best For You? A post by YK Sugishita, an ex-dev at Google, who now runs a 200k Youtube channel about programming. The author explains the difference between the majors, elaborating on what you should focus on when choosing between them.
- 10 Tips for developers. If you’re out of ideas on how to boost your professional skills, this succinct, but insightful article should be of help. By Germán Cutraro.
- An Exhaustive Guide to Writing Dockerfiles for Node.js Web Apps. The title of the article pretty much says it all: everything you need to know about dockerfiles for Node.js-based web apps. By Praveen Durairaj.
- ELI5: What do we mean by “blockchains are trustless”?. Preethi Kasireddy expounds on the meaning of the term “trustless” in the context of the Internet 2.0 a.k.a. Blockchain.
- Exploring KTX for Android. An article by Joe Birch, in which he introduces you to the new set of Kotlin extensions for developing apps for Android.
- React Native Authentication in Depth. The author of the post breaks down the implementation of the authentication using the cross platform framework. By Nader Dabit.
- Custom operators in Swift. Are you an iOS developer? If the answer is yes, you will definitely find the article useful. Well, unless you’re a senior mega iOS jedi. In such case, you may as well skip it :P By John Sundell.
- Technical Tuesdays: Using GraphQL, a Ruby on Rails introduction. An article about Ruby on Rails — Yaaaaay! Unicorn Agency shows you how to make GraphQL and Ruby on Rails work together, using real-life examples.
- Vue on 2018 — Interview with Evan You, author of the Vue.js framework. If you’ve been wondering why the framework is what it is or what its future is going to look like, you’ll find the answers in the article by Liesbeth Hermans.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s list. Tell us which of the articles you’ve found the most useful in the comment section below. Until next time, you can always view JetRuby’s latest and trending stories, drop us an email at [email protected] if you have an idea for a story or want to write for us yourself!
Top 10 Dev Articles Over the Past Week (Feb 2–8) was originally published in JetRuby on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.
This post first appeared on JetRuby Agency - Featured Technical Stories Based In Our Experience, please read the originial post: here