Chromecast is one of the most used devices all over the world because of the easy connectivity. This device made by Google is one of the tops in the category but more often criticized for some issues. One of the most annoying issues is Chromecast not working or not connecting. That’s why in this article, we will talk about Chromecast startup issues and how to solve Chromecast not working problems.
Reason Behind Chromecast Not Working
There are many reasons behind this issue, every time the message “could not communicate with your Chromecast” appears, we have to start again to resolve the matter. Sometimes it could be a Chromecast device not found problems or set up issues. Now let’s go through the proper steps to solve it.
One of the tried and tested methods to solve the Chromecast issue is to just restart it. Unplug the Chromecast and wait a couple of minutes and put it back. After a few minutes, Chromecast will automatically appear on the screen and start working again. If the Chromecast not working issue still persists, then try other methods we mention below.
Factory Reset Chromecast
Just like any phones or devices, a hard Factory Reset can solve a lot of issues with Chromecast as well. There are two ways users can reset Chromecast, by resetting Chromecast devices or with the help of the google home app. We will describe both methods of Chromecast factory reset.
1. Reset Chromecast Device
- Plugin Chromecast device to TV or keep it plugged in
- Now press the reset button on the device for 30 seconds
- On the Chromecast Device, an Orange light will start blinking
- The blinking of orange light indicates that the Chromecast device is resetting
- Once the LED light turns white, release the reset button
- White light means the device has been reset
- Once that happens, you can start the Chromecast setup process
Most of the time when the user reset Chromecast device, the issue resolved automatically. Any problem with Chromecast not working is solved when factory reset happens. Here is the other method for factory reset on Chromecast.
2. Reset Chromecast from Google Home
- If you don’t have the google home app than download it on Android or iOS
- Once you are on the google home app that is connected with your Chromecast, click on the device icon listed under your room
- Now click on the setting icon on the top right corner
- Then click on three dots on the top right corner
- Now you will find a factory reset option for your Chromecast
- Click on factory reset and follow the instruction
For the iOS device, click on remove device and then factory reset. Once you click on the factory reset, the LED light on the Chromecast device will turn white and it will reset.
If you are still wondering why does my Chromecast keeps disconnecting, then it might not be an issue with the device. Try to do the following and then try again.
- Update your Chrome browser on your computer. Every time Google updates rolled out, people face the same issue of Chromecast not working properly. By simply updating the chrome browser, you can solve the issue.
- Restart your PC or phone from which you have connected Chromecast. Just like the device, when an issue like Chromecast not connecting to wifi or not connecting happened, it’s safer to restart the device from where you connect.
- Check your Wifi network and set it up again. Sometimes both devices and Chromecast are connected with different wifi and they cannot connect.
- Find a better place for your router or use extender. Most of the time when Chromecast is not working properly, it’s because of the issue with the router and wifi.
- Reset your router
There are many reasons behind Chromecast not working, but if you try some of our methods, the issue will be resolved. Now we have done a factory reset on Chromecast and it needs to be set up again. Let’s see how to set up Chromecast below.
Chromecast Setup After Factory Reset
- Keep the Chromecast connected with TV
- Now open the google home app on your phone
- Click on the Plus(+) sign at the left-hand side
- Now click on set up a new device
- Now select home or create a new option
- When user get a message that a new device found, click on yes
- Now match the code on your screen and Chromecast device matched, click on yes
- If you want to share your device statistics with google, then tap on yes I am in or click on no thanks.
- Select the device location
- Name the room
- Select the Wifi network and always make sure that they on the same wifi
- Google hope will find the wifi password from your home automatically
- Now link it with google account or skip the step
- Click on continue to finish Chromecast set up
Once you complete the process, it will eliminate all the issues regarding Chromecast not working. We have mentioned all of the methods in which users can easily troubleshoot Chromecast issues.
One of the common problems users face is the USB connected to Chromecast. Most of the TV has a USB port next to HDMI port and the user connects the Chromecast charging cable directly to the TV. those USB ports don’t have enough power to charge Chromecast and that’s why users face a blackout of the screen and no signal. When we switch off the TV, Chromecast also turns off and when we switch it on, it will automatically restart the device. Make sure to connect your Chromecast device to a wall charger or the issue won’t be solved.
We hope this article will help you with Chromecast not working issues. We have mentioned many methods including Chromecast reset and Chromecast set up. If you have any questions regarding Chromecast not connecting or working, then ask us in the comment section.
The post Chromecast Not Working Issue Resolved – Factory Reset to Chromecast Setup Guide appeared first on FoneGyaan.Com.