Want to delete your Reddit account? But don’t know how to find the option on the web or on the phone? No need to worry about that because we have written this article just to solve this issue. Read our article to know How to delete reddit accounts on websites or phones.
Reddit is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. They have more than 330 million users worldwide and are constantly increasing as well. They are one of the best forum based websites that allows users to submit messages and questions. It’s one of the top news apps where users can find all the latest updates. But if reddit doesn’t let you do your work and causes constant interruption, then you can delete reddit account. You can delete your reddit account on a web browser or in your phone app.
How to Delete Reddit App on Web Browser
Most people use reddit on their browser for more features and easy to type and interaction. Here is how to deactivate reddit on the web.
- Open reddit on your browser
- Login with your username and password
- On the dashboard, click on your username and a dropdown menu will appear
- Now click on user settings
- Now scroll down at the end of user settings and you will find deactivate account
- Once you click on that, it will ask you to provide your reddit password
- After that, you can delete reddit account
One thing to keep in mind is that once you delete your reddit account, all of your data will be deleted as well. Reddit doesn’t allow temporary disabling or temporary deleting, once you delete the account, all of your data is gone. We advise that you backup your reddit account using IFTTT or account mover in order to keep all your data intact.
How to Delete Reddit Account From Phone
Most of the reddit users have reddit apps for android and iOS. They can operate their account and do everything within the app as well. If users do not have access to their desktop, they can also delete their reddit account from their phone. We have provided a simple step by step guide that you can operate on your phone.
- Open reddit app on android or iOS, both have similar interface
- Go to settings in app
- In the setting window, go down and find help FAQ
- When you click on that link, it will open a new windows and reddit help will appear
- Now in search, write “Deactivate My Account”
- Now click on the first link and it will explain how to deactivate your account, you will find a link and ask to click on it to delete reddit account.
- Now you need to login with your username and password. Once you provide that information, you can delete your reddit account.
Deleting the redditing account on the phone is similar to web browsers because you have to provide your username and password again.
FAQ about Deleting Reddit Account
1. Does deleting Reddit accounts delete posts?
No, deleting the reddit account will not affect the post, it will simply remove your username. In order to delete that post, you have to individually delete each post and then delete reddit account.
2. How do I delete my Reddit post?
Go to your profile and you will find all the posts you have done. Click on the three dots near save and you will find delete options. Once you click on the delete option, it will remove that post permanently from reddit.
3. How to find the removed post?
Once the post is removed, it will be deleted permanently, however, you can try removeddit.com. Just add your username at the end and it will show all the removed posts in the list.
We hope this article will help you delete reddit account. We have mentioned both desktop and app versions of deactivation of reddit. If you have questions about deactivating reddit account, ask us in the comment section.
The post How to Delete Reddit Account from phone and browser? appeared first on FoneGyaan.Com.