Preparation: 20 Mins
Cook: 25 Mins
Sweet Potato ALFREDO PENNE
- 400g of Sweet Potato, peeled, and chopped
- One table spoon of oil
- Two garlic cloves, crushed
- 60g of baby spinach leaves
- One and a half cups of milk
- 375g of penne
- Half cup of finely grated parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C. Place the sweet potato on a baking paper lined oven tray. Drizzle with oil and bake for like 15-20 minutes until tender. Puree with one cup of milk until smooth.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan until al dente. Drain well.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan and sauté garlic for like one minute. Add puree, pasta and chicken to pan. Cook and stir for like two minutes until hot. Stir in the remaining milk and spinach. Cook, stirring, until spinach has wilted.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan. Season to taste. Serve topped with extra parmesan.
- Stir the cooked, shredded chicken, canned tuna or crispy salami through pasta if preferred.